View the Market Snapshot for this country.
British Chamber of Commerce Qatar
2nd Floor, Ali Bin Ali Building, Airport Road, Doha. PO Box 3
Tel: +974 30532697
To find out more about opportunities in Qatar:
The British Chamber of Commerce in Qatar has been established to support and strengthen trade between Britain and Qatar. It is a part of the rapidly expanding network of British business organisations overseas dedicated to helping UK companies grow their business through overseas trade and exports. It could not be a better time to begin exporting and to open up new business with Qatar. Not only is the economy booming here, but the prospects for British firms are excellent with the most recent trade figures showing UK trade with Qatar up 40% on the previous year.
We focus on your needs to deliver a wide suite of business services to smooth and speed up your path to business success in Qatar.
Market Intelligence - essentially general guidance and advice on
• Key Opportunities
• Market Characteristics
• Doing Business in Qatar
• Options for establishing business here
• Constraints on contracting/supplying without a Qatari partner etc
Market Preparation - more customer specific/tailored services advice (like OMIS)
• Specific Research on Sectors and Sub Sectors
• Relevant legislation and regulations (with translation if necessary)
• Market potential for new products and services
• Competition factors e.g. tendering processes and procedures etc.
Market Development - a key stage once the UK customer is ready to visit the market
• Tailored Visiting programmes/appointments
• Warmed up contacts lists
• Background diligence on potential agents/distributors/partners
• Vetted/Approved suppliers/customers lists
• Introductions to other professional suppliers (lawyers, translators, accountants, HR/recruitment specialists)
Market Penetration and Growth
• Advice on specific business plans
• Advice on risks and mitigations (tendering successfully, getting paid)
• Introductions to influential Qatari contacts and Government Officials
• Advice on marketing and PR strategies (e.g. product launches, branding and corporate communications)
• Advice on political, security and cultural factors
• More detailed bespoke pieces of research.