View the Market Snapshot for this country.
UK India Business Council - London Office
12th Floor, Millbank Tower
Find out the latest news from this Chamber here.
Tel: 020 7592 3044
To find out more about opportunities in India:
UK India Business Council (UKIBC) is the premier business-led organisation promoting bilateral trade and investment between the UK and India. UKIBC's mission is to facilitate an increase in trade between the two countries through business to business dialogue.
We can provide you with market intelligence that you can trust and use to inform your decisions, and save you time and money:
• Take advantage of up to date information on a given market, together with broader, sectorspecific information provided by British business groups in countries that interest you
• Identify challenges and opportunities and understand the nuances of doing business in a particular country or region
Getting started overseas
To help get you started, we can offer practical support that includes:
• British business centres – a physical base to help get you started, with access to wi-fi and other office facilities, and fellow companies on hand from the local business network
• Matchmaking services – introductions to agents, suppliers and distributors and potential customers
• Professional business services – introductions to trusted lawyers, accountants, translators, tax advisors, other professional support services
Building market share
Once you have started trading in your chosen market we can help you build your market share with:
• Advice on the best routes to market, whether that’s through a joint venture or establishing a representative office
• Support for launches and marketing new products and services
• Access satellite offices in larger markets such as China, India or Brazil
Growing a regional presence
If you’re looking to expand within your target region, the network can help by:
• Introducing you to approved business to business support groups in the markets that interest you
• Connecting you with regional distributors and other reputable contacts to get you started
• Help you gain access to government and other relevant support
In many markets, you can also take advantage of a wide range of additional services. These include:
• Visa, business visa and work permit support
• Market overview, research, competitor and sector analysis
• Advice on cultural awareness
• Tariff and customs research
• Finance reporting and book-keeping
• Relocation support
• Language/translation support
• Risk and budget management support
• Policy advice
Tailored Localised Service Packages
Many overseas business networks will tailor support to meet your needs. Some services are free, others attract a cost. Our networks will provide a fully-priced proposal detailing any costs applicable and are very competitive, by comparison to competitor networks. To find out more about the services available in your market please click the 'get-connected button'.
Launchpad - Launchpad® provides UK businesses with a dedicated UKIBC consultant to help them accelerate their India entry. This service is for British companies looking to begin the process of establishing their own presence in India.Launchpad gives UK companies a local UKIBC project manager working exclusively on specific projects on their behalf. The project manager will be devoted to helping clients understand and build their contacts in the market. The scheme is a fast, low risk, and cost-effective way of enabling companies to examine India market opportunities closely through detailed feasibility studies before committing to a permanent presence.
UK Trade & Investment Delhi:
British High Commission
Shantipath, New Delhi
+91 (11) 2419 2100
Click here for more useful links in Asia.